This is the time of year when many visitors come to Florida for the warm weather. So what do you do once you’re here? Here are some Family-friendly ideas.
The Florida Aquarium
The Florida Aquarium is located in downtown Tampa on the waterfront. It boasts 14,000 animals from Florida and around the World.
- Wetlands Trail with its mangrove forest and large aviary with free flying birds. See otters, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, sea dragons, reef fish, eels, sharks, and more
- Journey to Madagascar features animals endemic to that unique island such as ring tailed lemurs and hissing cockroaches. Enjoy three touch pools: Stingrays, Moon Jellies, and animals with no bones.
- 500,000-gallon Coral Reef habitat
- Waves of Wonder gallery that tells a conservation story, plus Penguin Meet & Greet. Outdoor Plaza features Splash Pad (with wet and dry play zones for small children) and 4-D Theater (for 3-D short films that have surprise elements).
All is included with general admission! Fun activities are available at an additional cost including Wild Dolphin Cruise, Behind the Scenes Tour, Penguin Backstage Pass, Dive/Swim with the Sharks, Swim with the Fishes, and more! Open daily 9:30 to 5:00. Learn more at www.flaquarium.org.
701 CHANNELSIDE DR, TAMPA, FL 33602 813.273.4000
Laser OPS Extreme Gaming Arcade
An exciting adventure for everyone in the Family
- 24,000 sf indoor Arcade and Gaming Venue complete with 50+ Arcade Games, Virtual Reality, Laser Tag, Archery Tag, Bazooka Ball, and more.
- A Full Sports Bar & Grille in a retro gaming environment with old school pinball machines and 11 HD TV’s for Sports Viewing.
- Great for Kids Birthdays
6283 W. WATERS AVE, TAMPA, FL 33634 813.443.6509
Dolphin Cruise departing from the Historic Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks
The Gulf of Mexico is home to the friendly and intelligent Bottle Nose Dolphin. A visit to the Tampa Bay Area isn’t complete without seeing the Gulf. This is the trip you don’t want to miss. We take you on an exciting narrated dolphin cruise down the beautiful waters of the Anclote River to the Gulf of Mexico. You’ll be looking for dolphins, manatees, birds, the Anclote lighthouse, and other historical sites. Our beach excursion allows you to disembark on Anclote Island to stroll the beach and look for shells. We offer snacks, margaritas, sangria, and soft drinks. To add to your comfort also have restrooms on-board.
510 DODECANESE BLVD., TARPON SPRINGS, FL 34689 (727) 943-2164
Glazer Childrens’ Museum
Designed to inspire children and families by creating learning opportunities around innovative play and discovery, the 53,000 square foot Glazer Children’s Museum has a combination of permanent and traveling exhibits, comprehensive programs, and special events. http://www.glazermuseum.org/
110 W GASPARILLA PLAZA, TAMPA, FL 33602 813.443.3861